FORUMS: list search recent posts

1080P to SD DVD in Compressor error

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carmine Falzarano
1080P to SD DVD in Compressor error
on Sep 21, 2010 at 9:10:02 pm

First post, so thank you in advance for your time and expertise.

I've got a few 1080p timelines that I will need to get onto SD DVDs. I shot this stuff on a JVC GY-HM100U and did have some corrupt footage, none of which is included in the timelines that I know of. It plays free of visual and audio defects in Final Cut Pro and I've edited a timeline without issue.

When I attempt to compress this footage in compressor using the "DVD 90 min best quality" preset, I have received a "QuickTime Error 0" every time. I'm assuming this is due to some degree of corruption in the footage.

My question is this... If I cannot get compressor to handle this conversion for me, is there another way to get this 1080p project to SD DVD, perhaps by using an intermediate conversion to another codec first? Quality is of course a concern as I don't want to kill what's some pretty good looking 1080p.

Anything I should try here?

Thanks!
Carmine

MacPro 2 X 2.266 Quad
8 GB
OS 10.6.2
Final Cut Studio 2

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: 1080P to SD DVD in Compressor error
on Sep 21, 2010 at 10:00:36 pm

How did you get to Compressor? I export a self-contained QT using current settings. Then use that file in Compressor. Also, checkout the FCS Maintenance Pack. It has a free trial.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.3, Motion 4.0.3, Comp 3.5.3, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.3)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Carmine Falzarano
on Sep 21, 2010 at 10:04:30 pm

Yes, a self contained QT movie with current settings is what I sent to Compressor. I never use the "send to compressor" option because I've had issues with it in the past.

I'll check out the service pack, maybe it can repair my file or possibly locate the issue. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Carmine Falzarano
on Sep 22, 2010 at 3:11:44 pm

For some reason, the service pack doesn't recognize the codec of any of my clips. XDCAM EX is what they're showing as in FCP.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]