FORUMS: list search recent posts

Reconnecting - One clip out of sync!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Osmond Janoy
Reconnecting - One clip out of sync!
on Sep 20, 2010 at 7:52:27 am

Hello guys,

I've been editing a tvseries on Final Cut Pro for weeks now (On a MacPro). Done some grading in After Effects and started the reconnecting today.

Everything worked fine until the following happened on one spesific clip (seemingly identical to all the other successfull ones);

One Quicktimefile just wouldn't reconnect without loosing sync!

I get the following error/info on ReConnection; "One or more files did not have enough media to reconnect some clips. Some edited clip items have had their out point adjusted". But I got this with all the other clips as well and they stay in line.

Both graded and ungraded clip is the same compression, size, audiospecs and filesize. And the naming is as following: Toensberg_Cam_2-1.mov and Toensberg_Cam_2-1_Graded.mov

I've had success with reconnection clips both within the same Sequence and the same Project

Any help would be indescribably appreciated.

All the best for blue monday around the world.

Return to posts index

Osmond Janoy
Re: Reconnecting - One clip out of sync!
on Sep 28, 2010 at 6:33:32 am

For future reference:

The problem was that the graded version from After Effects - would not export with sound. The original had a mono audio track. This was lost in the new exported version.

Solution: I imported the original footage to Final Cut - then removed the video and kept the audio on the timeline. Then I imported the graded version over the original audio. Exported this with "Keep current settings".

Voila - perfect sync when reconnecting.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]