FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sequence Rendering

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
david reichelt
Sequence Rendering
on Sep 19, 2010 at 10:23:46 pm

So I have two hd formats that I need to put into the same sequence. However if I put the first format in and have the sequence setting match it, the other format I cut in takes a long time to render on my macbook. Is there a way around this so that I don't have to render either? It is a huge time waster and makes cutting for me a nightmare. I'd appreciate any tips thanks!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Sequence Rendering
on Sep 19, 2010 at 10:39:33 pm

[david reichelt] " Is there a way around this so that I don't have to render either? "

Yes. Convert the second format to match the first.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

david reichelt
on Sep 19, 2010 at 11:03:07 pm

Thank you very much for the help sir. I am unfamiliar with the exact process of converting this way, could you tell me exactly how to do it?
I'm tinkering around at the moment with that but haven't figured out how to do it from your description yet.

Return to posts index

david reichelt
on Sep 19, 2010 at 11:17:23 pm

Ok I figured out an easy way to convert. I don't know what method you were thinking of but I just put everything in my sequence I'm going to cut up and exported then brought it back in so that it's all the same. I still have to render to initially put one format in the sequence though but it is a solution so far.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Sep 19, 2010 at 11:26:45 pm

Well, what formats are we talking about here?

One way would be with COMPRESSOR...the ADVANCED FORMAT CONVERSIONS. Another would be the Media Manager and the RECOMPRESS option. But unless I know what formats you are working with, I can't say for sure.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]