FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to write automated scripts for FCP?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jay sturley
How to write automated scripts for FCP?
on Sep 19, 2010 at 2:17:11 pm

Greetings!
I am interested in learning to write script for FCP so as to automate certain editing processes for my convenience.

>>At the moment, I want to edit 24fps footage. I want to cut the footage into 12 frame clips and then drop the second 12 frames of every 24. Making sense?

Of course i could do this manually, but the footage i want to edit is over 10 mins long and i am both too lazy and too interested to learn scripting.

>>Also, i wonder if there is a repository of scripting commands or a tutorial somewhere i could use to learn with.

Thanks!
J.

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: How to write automated scripts for FCP?
on Sep 19, 2010 at 4:21:47 pm

FCP is not a directly scriptable app, however you can do quite a bit with the XML files it can import and export.

Return to posts index

Alan Okey
on Sep 19, 2010 at 4:37:29 pm

I'm pretty sure that xmEdit's Traffic is no longer being actively developed, but it's a good example of what's possible:

http://xmedit.com/

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Sep 20, 2010 at 2:10:53 am

Perhaps Automator will help.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.3, Motion 4.0.3, Comp 3.5.3, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.3)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]