FORUMS: list search recent posts

XML's will not import.. but they did before

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Berg
XML's will not import.. but they did before
on Sep 18, 2010 at 9:35:08 pm

Little trouble here importing XML's into Final Cut 6.0.6. First problem was sending a color timeline back to Final Cut. That didn't work. Tried to export XML and re-import manually and that would not work either. Got an error that said -sequence- could not be created.

I figured it was something with color or that specific timeline. So to test, I tried to re-import an old XML that I had previously imported with no problems. This time it will not import. Starts to, but then just stops and no new sequence in my project.

Can anyone help me out here? Is my Final Cut importer engine broken? Any thing I can try to fix it? Or do I have to spend a full day re-formating and re-installing everything?

thanks.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: XML's will not import.. but they did before
on Sep 18, 2010 at 9:51:43 pm

Trash preferences?

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Peter Berg
on Sep 18, 2010 at 10:07:30 pm

I just did try that. Used the digital rebellion tool to trash them. Still can't import XML's. Also when I started this time I got: General error 34. None of my disks seem to be full. argh.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Sep 19, 2010 at 2:13:10 am

I am sure you know what you are doing, but it's File > Import > XML. that's what you're using, right?

Zip and post an XML here. I'll see if it imports.

Return to posts index

Peter Berg
on Sep 19, 2010 at 2:39:46 am

I understand.. you have to double check what the person is doing. But I am importing it correctly. I am using the file-import-XML command. Also the XML's are version 4. I figured it was just something that was hung up in color, but when I went back and tried to import an XML that I had success importing before, I knew something was wrong.

I just can't figure out what it is. I did trash the prefs and I did repair disk permissions on my c: drive. Why would an XML import fine one day, and then the next, I can't get any XML's to import. No error message.. just starts to import, gets to about 60% and then stops importing.

Do I have to re-install everything? :(

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Sep 19, 2010 at 2:41:50 am

[Peter Berg] " just starts to import, gets to about 60% and then stops importing."

What is happening about 60% in to your timeline?

Return to posts index

Peter Berg
on Sep 19, 2010 at 5:41:46 am

So I did a little more testing. I opened a new project and tried to import the XML's into that project. Worked great! Back to my original project... still won't import the XML's. Corrupt project? How does a project get like this? If FCP crashes.. it might be stuck in a corrupt state?

should I create a new project and copy everything over? At least I have narrowed down the problem a bit...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]