FORUMS: list search recent posts

Clip turning negative

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonny Cates
Clip turning negative
on Sep 18, 2010 at 7:43:30 am

Here's a weird one;

I have one clip in the time line of a person making announcements at a music event. This clip looks normal in the viewer and canvas...but when I render it full, the clip turns into a "color negative"- that is to say, it's reversed! I have not added any sort of filter or any effect. There are no filters on the clip at all.
I can un-enable the clip for a second, then it's shows it needs to be rendered, and it goes back to positive. But as soon as I render it full, it goes back to a negative again.
What the heck would cause this?
This is a long edit for me, around a two hour event. So I've been creating a lot of standard effects on it. Lot of motion, and audio filters too. I'm also getting a loud screeching noise sometimes(for the entire clip) after I render an audio clip with filters added. Could this be related to the negative oddity?

Thanks...

FCP 6.0.6
New Intel iMac

Jonny

Jonny Cates

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: Clip turning negative
on Sep 18, 2010 at 2:32:16 pm

Double click the clip and tell us exactly what you see in the filters tab.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Jonny Cates
Re: Clip turning negative
on Sep 18, 2010 at 6:00:37 pm

Hi...
There is nothing in the filters tab at all. But I did discover one thing a few minutes ago when I got to the office; The end of this clip did not have enough handle on for a cross dissolve (as I so desired) so I did a long "smooth" fade out with the clip's opacity line. I just key framed it and pulled it down into a slope. I discovered if I removed any of those key frames, it will render. But the moment I put a key frame on that specific clip and then render it, it goes into the negative. I would say that's odd...
So I have simply removed all the key frames associated with that clip, and did something totally different as far as the transition goes.

I guess I could have deleted that clip from the time line, and set another 'in and out' point in the viewer to solve it. I just wanted to make certain that my my capture file had not gotten corrupt or something. Or something worse was about to happen. It seems to be fine as long as I don't key frame any opacity points on that clip.

Jonny

Jonny Cates

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]