FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP audio bug?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Timothy Chew
FCP audio bug?
on Sep 18, 2010 at 5:11:19 am

Hi,
Audio tracks have been giving me a problem lately. I'm sure it's got to be an easy fix but I've searched and haven't found a solution. I'll be in the middle of an edit, drag an audio clip down onto the timeline, and play everything back with no problems. I continue editing, without touching the audio track, and when I go to play it from the same spot, the track begins in a different section.

Most frequently this manifests itself through songs beginning in the middle of the song, despite the fact that the entire song is selected and sitting in the timeline. I've reloaded FCP, tried re-rendering the audio, playing it in the viewer, and I still won't be able to get the song to start from the beginning. The only solution is to delete the track and drag it back down from the bowser into the timeline.

Would appreciate any help here-

Thanks,
Tim

Return to posts index

Patrice Freymond
Re: FCP audio bug?
on Sep 18, 2010 at 7:26:00 am

Hi,

more details about sequence settings, codecs used and so on would help in helping you out.

Patrice

Patrice Freymond

Senior editor
FCP Certified Trainer

patrice@monteur.tv

Return to posts index

Evan Schafer
on Sep 18, 2010 at 1:57:50 pm

I've had that happen with audio that is 44.1k in a sequence that is 48k. Just make the 44.1 file 48 and it should clear up, if that is your problem...

Return to posts index

Mark Raudonis
on Sep 18, 2010 at 2:21:38 pm

If it's too late to import your music properly (48K), then killing all of your renders using the Render Manager and then rerendering will fix this.

mark

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Sep 18, 2010 at 4:54:41 pm

Let me guess...
You are using an mp3 file.

Return to posts index

Mels Spalina
on Jan 29, 2011 at 5:10:31 pm

This is happening to me too, and all my files are AIFF or WAVs. I changed the sequence to 44.1 and it fixed it. Would this not still be considered a bug though? I mean, it's totally glitchy and unpredictable when it happens, and the way it messes up is totally random.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]