FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP Timeline Interface lag (FYI post)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Gerard
FCP Timeline Interface lag (FYI post)
on Sep 16, 2010 at 8:03:30 pm

I have a timeline with 2 forms of DVCPRO50 footage. One form is DVCPRO50 loaded from tape, and the other is loaded from some P2 cards from a HVX200 shooting DVCPRO50 to the cards.

WHen I drag the playhead over my timeline that is using the tape ftg, everything is fine. When I drag the playhead over the SAME timeline later on over the P2 ftg, the playhead lags behind my cursor when dragging. This happens when I just click randomly around the timeline, repositioning the playhead. Over thetape based ftg, its fine, over the P2 ftg, there is a delay. as in "click" pause pause then the playhead snaps to where I clicked. Doesn't happen over the tae based ftg.

Both have the exact same settings in FCP and when looked at in quicktime (both X and 7.6) In QT, the data rates match, but in FCP, the tape based says 7mbps, the P2 ftg says 7.2 mbps. I am assuming this is because of the extra 2 ch of audio in the p2 ftg. Audio is NOT being used in the timeline.

I have deleted the standard files in the FCP preferences folder, I have deleted all my waveforms and thumbnail caches.

I just did a test to see if it would work, and it did. I created a new seq with all the proper settings, (DVCPRO50, 16x9, CCIR 601, lower field, etc, etc) and copied and pasted my clips from the old seq to the new one. It seems to be fine now. Not sure what was going on. Some setting must have been goofy. I did not get a chance to look at the timeline playback settings under the RT menu in the TL. They are all at HQ playback (not dynamic).

Anyway, just an FYI post, guess.

Cheers!
Matt

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]