FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dual Audio Reconnect Nightmare

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Josh Sasson
Dual Audio Reconnect Nightmare
on Sep 16, 2010 at 12:48:59 am

I apologize in advance for this being long winded...

I'm working on a web show that shot on a Panasonic HVX, with both boom audio and wireless lav audio. In Final Cut I gave the clips (not original files) new names based on their scene, manually synced up the dual audio systems, linked the clips and tossed them into the browser. In my own project file I was able to edit pretty easily from the newly linked clips.

Here's the catch: the way the lav audio was recorded created a real headache - every new SD card worth of audio files started a new generic filing system: STE-001, STE-002, etc. So over the several days of shooting, there were several different STE-001s, 002s, and so forth. These files were clearly separated into folders, so I figured having the same name wouldn't matter as long as the path was unique. Boy was I wrong...

I've been sharing project files with the directors and they are having a hellish time trying to reconnect media properly. For whatever reason, Final Cut is having serious trouble connecting properly and I'm running out of ideas. I'm thinking maybe Batch Export could potentially help me, but how would I go about reconnecting the new files if they are named after clips and not the source files? Help!

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Dual Audio Reconnect Nightmare
on Sep 16, 2010 at 7:34:41 am

First rule of all NLEs is not to have two files with the same name. You can't blame FCP for not knowing during a reconnect. Second issue is files should be given a reel name as an additional identifier.

Have a look at Bouke Vahls software. It might save your bacon. -
http://www.videotoolshed.com/product/41/fcpreconnect/3
http://www.videotoolshed.com/product/42/qtchange

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]