FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio Tracks wont play in FCP

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Timothy Gaer
Audio Tracks wont play in FCP
on Sep 14, 2010 at 4:40:51 am

I am having an odd issue. I have a 12 min video segment with Stereo audio for the video on A1 and A2. I usually layer my music on A3 and A4 and SFX on A5 and A6... However no audio will play from tracks placed on A3-A6. A7 - A 12 work fine however.

Has anyone else had this issue. It is a bit annoying to have to put my audio tracks 4 tracks down in order to her it in the preview.

And it does not render out with the final clip if it is on any of the silent tracks.

Timothy Gaer
http://www.timothygaer.com
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3014735/
Everything will be MacTastic

Return to posts index

Ron Pestes
Re: Audio Tracks wont play in FCP
on Sep 14, 2010 at 4:42:54 am

Make sure those tracks are enabled over on the left side. Make sure the green button is green and you don't have the tracks locked.

Apple Certified Master Pro FCS 2
Sony EX-3
MacBook Pro

Return to posts index

Andy Mees
on Sep 14, 2010 at 5:54:49 am

Hey Timothy

Check you Sequence Settings > Audio Outputs tab ... how many audio outputs are defined there? Is it more or less than, or as expected? Next check the Audio Output assignments from each audio track in your sequence (right click on or around each track's Lock and/or Auto Select icon to show the context menu) ... make sure that each track is assigned to the correct output. Physically, you'll also want to make sure that your I/O hardware and monitoring setup is properly configured for the number of audio channels you are using.

Hope it helps
Andy

Return to posts index

George Christie
on Mar 12, 2011 at 8:59:04 pm

Thanks Andy, it was a DOH! moment but you got me out of a pickle . . .
Best
George

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]