FORUMS: list search recent posts

importing pdf files

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Barroso
importing pdf files
on Sep 14, 2010 at 2:18:47 am

I'm using FCP 6.06 and I'm trying to incorporate a .pdf presentation in a DV timeline. The pdf file has 44 pages and when I import it into FCP, each page is 3 or 4 frames long. I need them to be 10 seconds long each.

Some of the files are 362 x 272 and others are 792 x 612.

I used a blade tool to chop up the clip into the individual pages, brought them separately into the timeline, and Ctrl+V by butt off until I got enough to make 10 seconds. There has to be a better way.

Is there a program that can automate any of this process. A friend helped me with a similar issue with power point slides, and I'm hoping to find something similar to work with .pdf files. The final product will be a web video that cuts between the speaker and his .pdf presentation.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: importing pdf files
on Sep 14, 2010 at 2:39:43 am

I would convert each page to a tiff and work with those.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Sep 14, 2010 at 2:47:55 am

Or at least look through your menu choices for freeze frame.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Sep 14, 2010 at 3:18:20 am

Great to learn that, although FC do not supports .pdf, is able to open them without crashing.
Fallow Michael advice and convert them to any Bit Map format.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
on Sep 14, 2010 at 1:11:01 pm

Open in Photoshop and convert first.

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta

Return to posts index

Mark Barroso
on Sep 16, 2010 at 7:38:43 pm

Thanks, everyone for helping me. I managed to get the pdf's in Photoshop and resized them for the dv timeline, and exported as TIF files. I then rendered them. There was a little improvement, but the imported graphics are still not sharp like I see in the viewer. I've tried exporting the graphics as 720x540, 720x480, 720x486, and 640x480.

I've also tried the freeze frame idea with similar results. Before I throw in the towel (because I've read where the DV codec and graphics don't play well together), I just wanted to find out if there's anything else. (reminder: these are pdf pages from a presentation - not graphics created by me)

Lastly, I know an external monitor is a true representation for how an image will look on television or projected, but what if the final output is for a computer screen, via web? Isn't the canvas then a true representation of how it will look?

Return to posts index

Alex Vachon
on Aug 23, 2011 at 1:44:41 am

I exported my 5 seconds pdf clip as a Quicktime movie, re-imported it and slowed it down at 50%. I obtained a nice string of shots, worked perfectly as b-roll footage.

Cartouche Creations

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]