FORUMS: list search recent posts

30i to 60p?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Drew Lahat
30i to 60p?
on Sep 13, 2010 at 6:18:26 am

Hi all,

I'm trying to convert a 40-minute sequence from NTSC to 720p/60, using FCP 7.0.2.
Since the time base needs to be changed I went with the simple approach of copying the 30i sequence into a 60p one. What I get is a chopped salad version of the original sequence: at first glance it looks ok, but all the clips in&out points, as well as in&out in the timeline are wrong. I'm still trying to find any logic in the result.

Copy and paste worked when copying a 2-minute portion, but it seemed like every subsequent copy&paste needed to be about half as long to work. Soon even copying as much as 3 clips at once got them mangled.

I tried this on two different 7.0.2 systems with the same results. Also tried copying the sequence to a new project; same thing. Tried going through XML and overriding the import preset, FCP spits an error.

I was actually unable to find any 30i-to-60p discussions, have you ever experienced anything like this? Any ideas?
XML-wise it seems like all that's missing is to modify and double all the <start > and <end > values, more or less...

-Drew

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: 30i to 60p?
on Sep 13, 2010 at 4:35:28 pm

720p @ 30 would be a better way to go. YOu are just deinterlacing the footage with the upres. Then if you need to go to tape the video card would add the duplicate frames if you need 720p @ 60p, (each frame is written twice)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]