FORUMS: list search recent posts

No-nonsense XDCAM EX import

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Harris
No-nonsense XDCAM EX import
on Sep 12, 2010 at 6:41:58 am

I really need some help here guys.
I've been given some footage to edit that was shot on an Sony XDCAM EX1. It's all on a harddrive in a folder called 'EX1 Footage'. at the moment its a lot of strangely encoded mp4's and a bunch of metadata in about a thousand subfolders.
I've tried a bunch of ways to get this into Final Cut Pro but nothing seems to be working for me. I've tried using XDCAM EX Clip Browser, and just the import>xdcam options within Final Cut but it all either doesn't work or downsizes it or puts watermarks on it because of trial versions of some encoder. Bah!
It's enough to make me want to tear my hair out. Can someone please tell me the best way (for free) to start editing this stuff?
Many thanks!

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: No-nonsense XDCAM EX import
on Sep 12, 2010 at 6:46:33 am

Hi Sam,
You need the SONY Transfer tool.
Put each of the BPAV folders inside a folder, then point to these folders with the Transfer software.
DON"T MESS THE CONTENTS OF THE BPAV FOLDERS> A single change can gives you a big headache.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: No-nonsense XDCAM EX import
on Sep 12, 2010 at 7:14:39 am

Install the XDCAM Log and Transfer plugin, then use Log and transfer. Click on the sticky post on the top, tutorial on tapeless workflows.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]