FORUMS: list search recent posts

Possible Work-Around for FCP 7 Dropped Frames Bug

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anthony Dias
Possible Work-Around for FCP 7 Dropped Frames Bug
on Sep 11, 2010 at 8:56:24 pm

Hello everybody,

I posted this as a reply on a thread from back in June and I'm not sure if anybody else has experienced this bug or found a fix, but I thought it would be useful to post. It would be nice to know if other people can replicate the bug.

the re-post:

Ok everybody...

Try closing your viewer and see if you still get dropped frames.

I just noticed something that is happening on my computer...

IF I open a clip in the Viewer AND IF I click on either the Motion or Filters tab

THEN I get DROPPED FRAMES!!!!

However, if I CLOSE the VIEWER the dropped frames GO AWAY :) !!!!

Now, I am happy because I can now work around this BUG but this is a really nasty problem that I hope Apple will look into very carefully andFIX without introducing other issues.

I hope this helps other people.
-Tony

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Possible Work-Around for FCP 7 Dropped Frames Bug
on Sep 11, 2010 at 11:19:47 pm

This isn't a bug. If it was then EVERYONE would be suffering from it. We aren't. So that means that something is wrong with your system. What is wrong? That's the question.

Things to try:

Disconnect everything from the computer except for the drive that the media is on, and the keyboard and mouse and monitors. Try again. Still problem?

Trash preferences. http://www.digitalrebellion.com PREFERENCE MANAGER.

Still a problem? Uninstall and reinstall FCS. Same link as above...FCS REMOVER.

Still a problem? Then you need to see if drivers from other hardware that you use with this, like capture cards, audio cards...are an issue. Uninstall them. Try again.

STILL A PROBLEM? Then backup everything (or clone the drive), erase the hard drive, reinstall the OS, then reinstall your apps...all fresh from scratch. Yes, this will take a while. But would you rather take a day doing this, or spend days and weeks dealing with an issue that is pretty maddening?

Again...not a bug nor design flaw. Otherwise EVERYONE would have this issue.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

William Hooke
Re: Possible Work-Around for FCP 7 Dropped Frames Bug
on Sep 28, 2010 at 4:08:46 am

I have had similar dropped frames issues with FCP 7.0.2, on a 2.66 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM, CalDgit and dual eSATA RAID 5. Simple ProRes 23.98 1080P media + some XDCAM HD mixed in. No orange render bars, and still tripping up constantly.

We finally seemed to solve it today by unclicking "mirror on desktop" in playback settings. With no viewer to keep up on the computer, Kona 3 outputs fine to external SDI monitor (downconverted). Seems to be that the desktop video processing in FCP 7 is way buggy!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]