FORUMS: list search recent posts

dvcprohd to motionjpeg B give colorshift?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joel Arvidsson
dvcprohd to motionjpeg B give colorshift?
on Sep 10, 2010 at 8:43:11 pm

I get a color shift when converting dvcpro hd to MotionJPEG B using the quictime conversion in final cut. Most time i can live with this but this time I think its to enoying. I know SD have an different colorspace than HD so I guess its the rec 709 to rec601.

What do you do to get HD to sd, hd to motionjpeg B conversion to look as its original?

Everything looks good in with aja set to dvcprohd 1080i but when I look at the converted motionjpeg B with pal sd widescreen setup the colors get a boost and especially the red color in skintones.

If I do the conversion with quicktime pro its looks more like the original but it doesn't get as sharp as the fcp output.

Any good suggestions?

joelarvidsson@gmail.com

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: dvcprohd to motionjpeg B give colorshift?
on Sep 10, 2010 at 9:06:55 pm

Motion jpeg in an ancient codec with no new development in years, so it's no wonder it doesn't match up with the newer codecs.

Return to posts index

Chad Tingle
on Sep 10, 2010 at 9:58:21 pm

[Joel Arvidsson] "What do you do to get HD to sd"

My first question is where are you intending to play this, broadcast, web, DVD
Lately I've been using compressor and getting great results with the default settings but it also gives you the ability to go in an tweak with to your needs. Check out this screen shot from the Standard definition settings and see which one works best for you.. from DV to 10 bit uncompressed for both NTSC and PAL

Chad Tingle
Producer/Editor

Return to posts index

Joel Arvidsson
on Sep 11, 2010 at 6:17:25 am

Its the specifikation of the tv channel its going to. So I have to use it.

joelarvidsson@gmail.com

Return to posts index

Joel Arvidsson
on Sep 11, 2010 at 6:23:57 am

It will start to run on tuesday so it would be nice if its showed up proper. I will check if compressor gives you more options. Strange that quicktime pro gives a worse result on resultion? Its filmed progressiv so I choose one field. Still seams like quicktime pro handels the fields in an inaccutrate way. Anyway it would be good to get it right in fcp or compressor.

joelarvidsson@gmail.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]