FORUMS: list search recent posts

Snow Leopard and FCS 3 making extra render times

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Foote
Snow Leopard and FCS 3 making extra render times
on Sep 10, 2010 at 6:57:25 pm

Just upgraded my edit suites to Snow Leopard and am having many problems with rendering times becoming much longer than I am used to.
Any one else having these issues?

Adapt and overcome!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Snow Leopard and FCS 3 making extra render times
on Sep 10, 2010 at 7:18:56 pm

HOw did you upgrade? Install on TOP of what you currently have, or clone, wipe and install fresh?

The last option is the only way to go really...the only way to be sure of good working systems.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Robert Foote
on Sep 10, 2010 at 7:33:18 pm

I did install on top for the OS but did full wipes and reinstalls on FCS 3. Why would this make my export and render times longer though?

Adapt and overcome!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Sep 10, 2010 at 8:05:59 pm

You didn't fully wipe FCS unless you fully wiped the drive. FCS Remover does work for a lot of things, if that is what you used, but doesn't always work.

How would this affect render times? Got me. I'm no software engineer. Might have to do with the relationship between the software and the OS. OH! Quicktime! Did you install QT7.6 from the Snow Leopard INSTALL disks? You should. QTX that comes standard is like ALPHA software. And FCP relies very heavily on QT. Try that first.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Sep 11, 2010 at 2:42:54 am

[Robert Foote] "Just upgraded my edit suites to Snow Leopard and am having many problems with rendering times becoming much longer than I am used to.
Any one else having these issues?"

Is just like that.
Snow Leopard slows everything.
I will try to find a test from Barefeats that shows the graphics comparing both systems speed.
Rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Robert Foote
on Sep 17, 2010 at 6:41:12 pm

Thanks Rafael that would be great. I did disarm Quicktime X and am back with QT7 things are working better but still long export times even with native codec and prores 422. Very curious why release an OS that slows everything? Why not give aheads up to the industry? Curses!!!

Adapt and overcome!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]