FORUMS: list search recent posts

Purpose for a 59.94 HDCAM SR Tape

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Muzafar Malik
Purpose for a 59.94 HDCAM SR Tape
on Sep 10, 2010 at 5:21:25 pm

My producer is asking me what the purpose of a 59.94 output would be and I don't know. The film was shot on RED, at 23.98. He's outputting on HD CAM SR 23.98 and is asking if he should do an output at 59.94 aswell. Is there any good reason to output at 59.94.

Muzafar Mlaik
Editor

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: Purpose for a 59.94 HDCAM SR Tape
on Sep 10, 2010 at 5:24:21 pm

A broadcaster might require it on their specs. (though, in reality they should be able to add the proper pull down to get there on their decks)

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Sep 10, 2010 at 5:42:10 pm

The only reason to do that is if someone specifically asks for it. Otherwise a 23.98 HDCAM SR master is great. You can dub/convert to any other format from that...even PAL.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Dan Daube
on Sep 10, 2010 at 8:08:02 pm

Broadcast networks require this as a standard. There aren't any or very, very few who are set up to broadcast 23.98 media. We will take it but it will get converted prior to air. Consequently, any network broadcasting 1080i will expect an HDCam or HDCam SR as all the automation, servers etc. will clock to TC expressed as time of day. Simple explanation but that's how your show starts on time and so on.
However, now many networks are also accepting file delivery and will do so more and more in the future. At this time expect that you'll still need to deliver a 59.94 interlaced file and if not it will get converted for playout.

Dan Daube
Director-Editorial Turner Studios Atlanta
Manager Multiple Systems-FCP 7.0.1 AJA Kona

Return to posts index

Muzafar Malik
on Sep 10, 2010 at 8:19:00 pm

Thanks guys. Sounds like my producer may not need it, all depending on where he goes. I'll fill him in and leave it to him to make the final call.

Muzafar

Muzafar Malik
Editor

Return to posts index

Mark Raudonis
on Sep 11, 2010 at 3:48:06 am

[Muzafar Malik] "Sounds like my producer may not need it, all depending on where he goes."

WRONG! If you DON'T make one, he'll definitely need one. Do yourself a favor and plan on creating a 59.94 master NOW! There are plenty of reasons why you WILL need it.

Did you consider? Promo clips for broadcast. (I can guarantee you that they'll want 59.94). I can think of a dozen other reasons... but that's YOUR job, not mine.

Mark

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]