FORUMS: list search recent posts

Batch add an effects to clips in the browser

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gunleik Groven
Batch add an effects to clips in the browser
on Sep 9, 2010 at 4:17:04 pm

Hi

Want to batch transcode clips with TC burn-in (and possibly a uniform CC) with compressor.

I see I canadd effects to the clips in the viewer, in a way so I get individual clips out with the effect burned in, but is there a way to batch-add effects in the browser?

This is for offline-proxygeneration, btw...

Cheers

gunleik

Return to posts index

Alex Elkins
Re: Batch add an effects to clips in the browser
on Sep 9, 2010 at 4:37:04 pm

You can batch add TC burns directly through Compressor (look under the Filters menu in the inspector window). You can also do a bit of colour correction under the same tab, although this isn't something I've done so couldn't tell you how well it works.

If you wanted to do the colour correction in FCP, drop all of the clips onto a timeline and add the correction, then drag them back into a new bin in the browser. This will create new reference clips which include the correction, and you can batch export to Compressor from there.

Hopefully one of those suggestions will help. The first would be my preferred method.

Best,
Alex Elkins

Salad Daze Films - Freshly Tossed
Check out my latest addition to the Creative Cow Reels Section

Return to posts index

Gunleik Groven
on Sep 9, 2010 at 4:59:53 pm

The second is the best, as I need the TC-reader,not generator, but that's a good idea, thanks.

Is there a filenamereader, too (so I could burn in filename AND TC?

Cheers!

G

Return to posts index

Alex Elkins
on Sep 10, 2010 at 10:10:29 am

[Gunleik Groven] "Is there a filenamereader, too (so I could burn in filename AND TC?"

That would be exceptionally useful given all these file formats many of us are working with these days. Unfortunately I don't believe such a function exists in the FCP or Compressor filters. There may be a piece of third-party software that does this though.
Of course, all of the files will maintain their original names, so its not such a problem until you need to go to DVD or export a file of the offline, leaving only the TC burn as the reference to the original media.

Alex Elkins

Salad Daze Films - Freshly Tossed
Check out my latest addition to the Creative Cow Reels Section

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]