FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP rendering AE text issue

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Claire Wood
FCP rendering AE text issue
on Sep 8, 2010 at 4:56:31 pm

I am using FCP6 and experiencing a stripping issue on AE text and with psds. When imported into FCP they look fine in the bin and on the timeline before rendering, but as soon as they are rendered, I am getting a stripping effect on the text and around logos. I am using DVCPro anamorphic project settings which I have used before and never seen this problem. Have tried various AE export settings including the same settings as the timeline and have narrowed it down to the FCP timeline. Any suggestions gratefully received.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: FCP rendering AE text issue
on Sep 8, 2010 at 5:28:08 pm

What's the field order of your DVC pro footage and your FCP edit timeline, and in what field order did you interpret any footage imported into AE, and then rendered in AE?

And most importantly: how does it look on your video monitor?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Claire Wood
on Sep 8, 2010 at 5:37:55 pm

Footage and timeline are lower field. In AE I have imported a psd and then applied some moving text. Have exported out of AE as both lower field, and progressive with animation codec and neither seems to work. Again looks great on the monitor when in AE, FCP bin and timeline before rendering but as soon as the clip is rendered in FCP it looks stripey both on the external TX monitor and in FCP.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Sep 8, 2010 at 11:20:16 pm

DV codec is death to graphics and text. Try copying the timeline into a new sequence set to ProRes422 or Uncompressed. You should notice a big improvement in the render and subsequent QT export

Return to posts index

Claire Wood
on Sep 13, 2010 at 9:33:12 pm

Thank you for this tip. The exact suggestions didn't quite workout but it lead me to copying the timeline from a DVCPro sequence into a DVCPRO50 sequence which has sorted out the graphics issue and maintained the 'quality' of the video content.

Copying the timeline into an uncompressed sequence did improve the graphics but unfortunately it created problems with the video content. It gave the video a filmic look with glitches and size issues on the masks I have applied. I did try changing the field dominance but it didn't rectify all the issues.

Would this alteration to the video be caused by some sort of upscaling of the DVCam footage when copied to an uncompressed sequence? Also, why does the field dominance change? If I capture DVCam footage using an uncompressed codec would that eliminate these issues?

I would really appreciate your thoughts so I can avoid this in future.

Many thanks Michael for your help and patience to date.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]