FORUMS: list search recent posts

Edit to Tape Adding 20 sec???

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Fritch
Edit to Tape Adding 20 sec???
on Sep 8, 2010 at 4:50:18 pm

Hi all,
So here's the issue I'm having. I am attempting to export using edit to tape an HD show (1080i60) down-converted thru an AJA Kona 3 to Digibeta at 52529.97. I have the signal being down-converted fine, but here is the odd issue, FCP seems to be laying off an extra 20 seconds of black at the beginning of the tape. The tape is blacked starting at 00:58:00;00 and the sequence starts at 00:58:30;00. The tape starts recording at 00:58:30;00, but adds 20 extra seconds of black before my bars and tone come up, so instead of bars and tone at 00:59:00;02, they come in at 00:59:20;02. Can anyone help or guide me to fixing this?
-Eric

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Edit to Tape Adding 20 sec???
on Sep 8, 2010 at 5:00:13 pm

Go check your mastering settings in the edit to tape window.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Eric Fritch
on Sep 8, 2010 at 5:30:55 pm

I figured it out literally right after I posted. Evidently I had 20 sec of black checked in the Print to Video window and even though I was going through Edit to Tape, it evidently added those extra 20 seconds. I have no idea why edit to tape would be affected by the print to video setting but it is. Weird!

Return to posts index

Mark Spano
on Sep 17, 2010 at 10:21:40 pm

The reason why this happens is how you have your Edit To Tape window set up. There is a small drop-down menu at the top of the Edit To Tape window that gives two options: Mastering and Editing. If you want to easily ignore any of the PTV/Mastering settings, choose Editing in this drop-down and you will be able to perform normal three-point edits with no regard to added black at head or tail or countdown or whatever is set there.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]