FORUMS: list search recent posts

AJA Kona 3 Capture problems

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Penfold
AJA Kona 3 Capture problems
on Sep 7, 2010 at 4:24:44 pm

Hello there,

I'm having problems with capturing into final cut pro with an AJA Kona3 card. All the sequence and capture settings seem to match, I'm using Apple ProRes 422 but whenever a captured clip is imported into a timeline I get the "the clip settings do not match the sequence settings" error message. The item properties look correct. This becomes a problem when the sequence is exported to a quicktime, the far-end EVS network doesn't like it.

I'm using FCP 7.0.2 with OSX 10.6.4 and the latest version of the kona driver (8.0)

Any help greatly appreciated

Thanks

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: AJA Kona 3 Capture problems
on Sep 7, 2010 at 4:32:00 pm

So compare the capture setting with the sequence settings.
Somewhere must be a difference.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

David Penfold
on Sep 8, 2010 at 9:14:04 am

I have checked all the capture/sequence settings I can think of...they all appear to match.

Just to add - when I import the captured material into the timeline and after I ignore the "clip and sequence settings to do not match" error message I am unable to render the video to ProRes.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Sep 8, 2010 at 4:47:17 pm

What version of everything are you on and what easy setup are you using?

Return to posts index

David Penfold
on Sep 8, 2010 at 5:01:16 pm

I have actually managed to trace the problem back to the Kona driver, I have downgraded to an earlier version (7.5.1) with the same capture and sequence settings (Kona 3 1080i/25f ProRes 422) and everything works fine (touch wood!)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]