FORUMS: list search recent posts

dropped frames warning

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
javier Quinones
dropped frames warning
on Sep 6, 2010 at 3:09:39 pm

hello, i added a filter affect to a clip in final cut and i am getting a " dropped frames warning." it is telling me to either turn off unlimited rt, lower compression data rate, close open sequences.lower the preference for real time audio tracks, or increase the speed of your system. Where do i go to lower the compression data rate, and also where do i go to increase the speed of my system?

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: dropped frames warning
on Sep 6, 2010 at 3:52:47 pm

[javier Quinones] "Where do i go to lower the compression data rate"
That would require re-compressing all your footage.

[javier Quinones] "where do i go to increase the speed of my system?"
You buy a faster computer and/or faster drive system.

It would be help if you have us info on your system, drives, footage, and sequences.

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Sep 6, 2010 at 3:53:42 pm

That almost always indicates that your hard drives do not have enough throughput. You'll need to spell out specifically what type of media drives (firewire 400, 800) you're using and what video codec you're editing if you want more precise help.

Return to posts index

Tom Matthies
on Sep 6, 2010 at 7:06:07 pm

Did you render the effect?
tom

Faster! Better! Cheaper!
Pick any two.

Return to posts index

javier Quinones
on Sep 7, 2010 at 6:39:24 pm

i went to the "about my macintosh" section, and it says about up to 800 mb / per sec under firewire. The camera im using is an panasonic AVCCAM HMC150. the files come out as MTS files. I then convert them in a program called cineform into MOV files. what do i do about the dropped files warning? My computer is a mac osx.

Return to posts index

Nehemiah Stark
on Apr 10, 2012 at 6:10:08 pm

Obviously, this is a late response. However, my best guess (for anyone out there experiencing a similar hindrance) is that though the MTS files were converted to MOVs, they may not have been converted to ProRes, Final Cut's native codec.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]