FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP Not remembering open projects

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Henderson
FCP Not remembering open projects
on Sep 5, 2010 at 4:15:56 pm

Hey folks,

I've had no luck googling about this issue, so apologies if this is something obvious :)

I deal with a number of different projects on a weekly basis, and I usually keep FCP open for weeks at a time. When I first installed FCP, it remembered which projects I had open, and the window layout I had going on.

I'm not sure what happened along the way, but at some point FCP stopped remembering and every time I open FCP, it opens a very old window layout along with some projects I haven't touched in months.

As a partial workaround, I've saved the window layout that I commonly use, and I just restore it every time I start FCP, but it's a bit annoying to have to close the old projects and open the one(s) I'm working on!

Any hints would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
-Dave

Return to posts index

David Johnson
Re: FCP Not remembering open projects
on Sep 5, 2010 at 6:53:57 pm

There's a setting to tell FCP to automatically open the last project you worked on ... I'm not at my FCP machine today so I don't recall exactly where it is, but I do recall it is pretty intuitive.

BTW, leaving FCP open for weeks at a time can mean a very hard time sifting through auto-saved projects to find the right one if you should ever need one.

Return to posts index

Dave Henderson
on Sep 5, 2010 at 11:36:59 pm

If it's the "Open last project on application launch" checkbox in the User Preferences dialog (General tab), this is already checked...

Any other ideas? :)

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Sep 5, 2010 at 9:56:24 pm

Get Preference Manager at http://www.DigitalRebellion.com . It's free, and it will allow you to save your preferences for any project or for for several different projects.

As David said, there is a user preference setting that insures that FCP opens your last project, but that can easily get blown away if your computer crashes. Besides saving preferences independently, Preference Manager goes way beyond the capabilities built into FCP.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

EPK Colorist - UP IN THE AIR - nominated for six academy awards

A forum host of Creative COW's Apple Final Cut Pro, Business & Marketing, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

Jason Brown
on Sep 6, 2010 at 4:28:00 pm

I've had this problem intermittently as well...if u use preference manager like suggested, try trashing the prefs and seeing if it works...going back to factory prefs has worked for me...but the issue has creeped back up. From time to time

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]