FORUMS: list search recent posts

Importing Saved Droplets to Compressor

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tiffany Chung
Importing Saved Droplets to Compressor
on Sep 3, 2010 at 9:53:57 pm

I have several Compressor droplet settings (at least 10) from my client's computer that I need to import into my Mac so that I can work remotely. I've read that it's not possible? But I'm hoping it is possible. I mean there's an option to save the droplets, right? So, why can't we import those saved droplets to another computer? Is there no way to do so? Or is it a convoluted process? Please help! Many thanks in advance. I really would rather not have to manually create each and every droplet setting.

Return to posts index

Liam Lawyer
Re: Importing Saved Droplets to Compressor
on Sep 3, 2010 at 10:29:36 pm

Don\'t think it is possible, but any reason you can\'t use the droplets? The only time I have seen an issue with this is when you are on diff version of compressor.

Liam Lawyer
-editor-

Return to posts index

Tiffany Chung
on Sep 3, 2010 at 11:23:26 pm

I've got the same Compressor version as the client's. =(

Now, I don't fully understand the concept about saving droplets if they're already saved in the settings. What would you do with saved droplets if you can't even open/import them into Compressor on other computers?

Well, thank you for your response and help anyway, Liam.

Return to posts index

Paul Figgiani
on Sep 4, 2010 at 2:14:02 am

Tiffany,

Try this:

Copy the Droplets to the target machine. Right click each Droplet/Show Package Contents.

You will find the Preset file located in the "Settings" folder.

Drag the Preset file into the Compressor Preset window. Create new Droplets from the imported Preset files.

-paul.

Return to posts index

Dan Monro
on Sep 4, 2010 at 2:42:23 pm

Paul's instructions are perfect if you need to change the droplet. If you can use it as is, you can do that without re-importing them into compressor. As long as its the same version, you should be able to copy the droplet from the client's machine to yours. You can put them in your documents folder, or any other folder you choose. Then for convenience, make an alias for your desktop. The you can drop a file directly onto the alias and it will run the droplet (take a step further and turn off the confirmation dialog.)

Cheers,
D

Dan Monro
FCP, Avid, AfterFX, Atlanta
MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB ram
Mac OS X 10.5.8
GeForce 8600M GT Final Cut Pro 7.0 Quicktime 7.6.6
- OR -
2 x 3.2 Quad Xeon; 16 GB ram
Mac OS X 10.6.4
NVIDIA Quadro FX 5600 Final Cut Pro 7.0.2 Quicktime 7.6.6

Return to posts index

Alan Bezet
on Nov 22, 2010 at 10:07:02 pm

Wow... THANK YOU! I had created a very special droplet to fit 2 hours of down sampled HD material onto an SD DVD for another project. It took me a day and half to find the perfect settings and I've been trying for awhile to try and salvage the Droplet, so I can re-tweak the settings.

Thanks a lot!

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Nov 22, 2010 at 11:15:00 pm

Droplets are a vastly under-used and under-appreciated tool in FCS. They are quite powerful, and huge timesavers.

Take the time to get it exactly right, and once you do, make sure to save it in a spot where you find it for the next time. You'll be glad you did...

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums. Formerly host of the Apple Final Cut Basics, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

Alan Bezet
on Nov 23, 2010 at 12:06:10 am

Oh I never lost the droplet. I just failed to save it as a setting and I needed to tweak the setting that I had so painstakingly created, but you can't change a droplet.

Now I know how.

Alan Bezet
Production Manager
Washington, D.C.
alan.bezet@gmail.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]