FORUMS: list search recent posts

Round tripping to Soundtrack pro workflow

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ken Latman
Round tripping to Soundtrack pro workflow
on Sep 3, 2010 at 5:15:46 pm

I'm a little rough around with my Final Cut pro skills so I'm trying to get back in the swing. I used to working more so with AE.
I have some footage that I placed in the time line repeatedly making several edits and duration adjustments. Listening to it now I need to clean up the audio. Did I start my workflow incorrectly? I sent the first clip in the timeline of the footage to Soundtrack Pro and cleaned it up. The audio in the timeline for Final Cut says "(sent)" but just for that clip. How can I get all the other clips in the timeline of that footage to update there audio? I really don't want to re-cut. Should I have made each piece of footage its own sequence and edited the audio per sequence?

Return to posts index

Rob Grauert
Re: Round tripping to Soundtrack pro workflow
on Sep 3, 2010 at 5:34:30 pm

"How can I get all the other clips in the timeline of that footage to update there audio?"

Select the sequence in the Browser window that you want to send to Soundtrack Pro.

Right Click > Sent to > Soundtrack Pro Multitrack Project

Clean up the audio, then export an .aiff out of STP that is 16-bit 48KHz. Then bring that .aiff into your FCP sequence.

I personally like to turn off the tracks of my original audio, and then I drop the new .aiff file underneath it all. That way if I want to compare, it's easy to do so.

Rob Grauert, Jr.
http://www.robgrauert.com
command-r.tumblr.com

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Sep 3, 2010 at 5:52:05 pm

[Rob Grauert] "I personally like to turn off the tracks of my original audio, and then I drop the new .aiff file underneath it all. That way if I want to compare, it's easy to do so."

STP can send back a new timeline already set up that way.

Return to posts index

Brandon Lisy
on Sep 12, 2010 at 10:53:26 pm

How?

Thanks,
Brandon Lisy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]