FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP log and transfer problems....

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Parker Hadley
FCP log and transfer problems....
on Sep 2, 2010 at 11:14:21 pm

Alright so I have a Sony AVC-HD Camera and I have never had any problems before transfering video from it to FCP through log and transfer. It always recognizes it and shows me the videos I can transfer right when I want it to. I don't know what happened, but now for some reason I can't get ANY of my videos off the camera and I don't know any other way to do it. I tried to log and transfer on 2 different computers-neither worked. Then I tried to get it off in iMovie. Still no go. The computer recognizes the camera because it's on my desktop though... Help me out please...

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: FCP log and transfer problems....
on Sep 2, 2010 at 11:30:20 pm

You aren't backing up the originals before you import? WHY NOT!?!

Just for yucks, make new folder...give it a unique name. Copy all the contents of your camera...EVERYTHING...to that folder. Then try to get Log and Transfer to see that folder.

Watch the first part of this too...

Tapeless Workflow for FCP 7 Tutorial

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Parker Hadley
on Sep 2, 2010 at 11:42:48 pm

Alright well I am copying the whole folder, but just to warn: I am not that good at using FCP. I am in High School and use it mainly for easy projects. Don't use any complicated words with me because I will just be utterly confused haha.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Sep 2, 2010 at 11:47:31 pm

Watch the tutorial then...I hope I kept things simple.

The backups are your MASTER tapes in essence. They are much smaller than your imported media...so you archive these files, and toss the imported files when you are done. Save a LOT of space.

Shane

Return to posts index

Parker Hadley
on Sep 2, 2010 at 11:49:24 pm

I tried to log and transfer the folder, and no luck... Just gave me the same invalid directory error message.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Sep 3, 2010 at 12:34:21 am

And you said this worked before? Did you change ANYTHING between the time it worked and the time it didn't? Like install anything, like Perian or a demo plugin or anything?

Shane

Return to posts index

Jeff Breuer
on Sep 3, 2010 at 6:09:36 pm

Try clipwrap! It's a $50 program, but I had a similar issue and it bailed me out. Download the demo first and let it rip and see if it resolves your issue before you purchase though. But working with AVCHD, I'm a big fan (BTW, I first heard about it from a previous post you made Shane, so big thanks!)

I don't know what camera you are using, but I use the Sony NX5U and did imports fine until I tried a long clip. I've also heard that changing your audio settings from the default PCM to Dolby have helped.

Jeff

Return to posts index

Phil Balsdon
on Sep 3, 2010 at 9:55:56 pm

If it was working fine, and you haven't changed the way you are now trying do it, try trashing your FCP Preferences.

A search on this forum for "Trash FCP Preferences" will bring up plenty of results if you don't know how to that. It is something you need to do every so often.

There are also free Trash FCP Preference apps downloadable online that will simplify the task and enable you to do this regularly.

Cinematographer, Steadicam Operator, Final Cut Pro Post Production.
http://www.steadi-onfilms.com.au/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]