Reconnect issues

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cris Olariu
Reconnect issues
on Sep 2, 2010 at 8:22:05 pm

Hello everyone -

I have a big dilemma on my hands.
I have about 5 Tb of footage (DV-NTSC), that I need to give out to about 7 people on hard drives in order to start logging and doing stringouts. The hard drives we own are all 4Tb drives, so the whole thing won't fit on the drives. I used compressor for the past couple days and compressed everything to a Photo JPEG format (settings similar to the ones found in Media Manager under OfflineRT JPEG). All went fine and I ended up with about 400Gb of compressed footage. However... when I try to reconnect any of the projects to the compressed media, I get the "File Attribute Mismatch" dialogue that tells me the Number of audio tracks does not match. I click continue, it adds the files and I click connect. Right after that I get a dialogue box saying something like: "The file does not have enough audio tracks to reconnect to "MSA_070310A01-1" at time 22:34:21:15. Click OK to make this clip independent and go to the next clip or Cancel to skip all clips from this file."
If I click Cancel, nothing reconnects. If I click OK, and go thru all the clips, most of them don't reconnect.
Indeed, the footage was captured with 4 channels of audio and Compressor created only 2, but I didn't think that would matter to the point where it wouldn't let me reconnect my clips.
Help please.
Thank you.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Reconnect issues
on Sep 2, 2010 at 8:44:55 pm

This is why you need to use the MEDIA MANAGER and the RECOMPRESS option...and use OFFLINE RT. This way it keeps the same timecode...same file name...same amount of audio tracks. Doing it via EXPORT or Compressor won't work.

Sorry...gotta use Media Manager. This is what it is designed for.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Cris Olariu
on Sep 2, 2010 at 8:57:02 pm

Shane -

Thank you for your response. Is there any way of making Media Manager use all 8 cores on my machine? That is the reason I went with Compressor.
Thank you again.

Cris Olariu
crisolariu.com

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: connect issues
on Sep 2, 2010 at 9:00:06 pm

Wouldn't that be nice? Nope, internal FCP so one core

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Bouke Vahl
on Sep 3, 2010 at 3:09:35 pm

If it's only logging, why not add a few (dummy) tracks to the proxy clips?
Then attributes will match again, and your worries are over.
Applescript to duplicate the soundtrack and paste back in, and you're done...

Bouke

http://www.videotoolshed.com/
smart tools for video pros

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]