FORUMS: list search recent posts

Batch Encoding Options - Compressor?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Copeland
Batch Encoding Options - Compressor?
on Sep 2, 2010 at 1:47:19 pm

I am looking for batch encoding options using compressor or another software for the Mac. It must be able to drop multiple files on a droplet, or in a watch folder then encode to 3 different formats.

The three different formats are the different data rates of 1024 kbps, 768 kbps, and 512 kbps.

These are the settings which produce the good quality video we need. This is exported out of FCP.

This gives a good video using these settings: Final Cut and go to Export/Using Quicktime Conversion.
Select MPEG-4.
File Format, MP4.
Video Tab -
Video Format: H-264
Data Rate: 1024 kbits/sec (768 and 512 for the other 2 versions)
Image Size: Custom 640 x 360
Frame rate: Current
Video Options… Restrict Profiles to: Baseline Encoding Mode: Best quality (multi-pass)
Audio Tab - Default settings are ok. Data Rate: 128 kbps
Streaming Tab - Check enable streaming

Does anyone have a suitable solution?
thanks for your help.

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: Batch Encoding Options - Compressor?
on Sep 2, 2010 at 3:10:11 pm

Compressor can create droplets where you manually drag QT movies to them by just draging to the icon, but you can add watch folders in Sorenson Squeeze or in Episode. Either of the two third party apps bring more features and speed to the encoding process.

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: http://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

DVD:http://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX Cinema Displays

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]