FORUMS: list search recent posts

Strange Compressor bug, suspect flip4mac

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Suszko
Strange Compressor bug, suspect flip4mac
on Sep 2, 2010 at 1:31:50 am

I use a custom preset in Compressor to shrink the HD video from my Final Cut and make it fit youtube.
I export an HD refmovie from my timeline, that plays and sounds fine, then i apply the preset in compressor and I get an HD mpeg file under 2 gig in size. Only today, the output files all lack the audio that used to automatically pass thru.

I grabbed a clean copy of the preset from the original CD. I tried other HD presets and DID get sound along with picture, but the files were bigger.

The only thing added or changed in months (and this was all working fine just last week) was that we upgraded the flip4mac that came with the bundle ( and was limited to 30 seconds of output) to the $50 version that lets you make longer .wmv files. But I don't see how or why this would have an affect on quicktime settings or compressor settings.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Strange Compressor bug, suspect flip4mac
on Sep 2, 2010 at 2:21:15 am

Check the inspector window in Compressor and compare the presets. Is it still making a transport or program stream? If not then that is why the audio is no longer muxed. Also make sure the audio tab has not been changed or that audio has been turned off.

I can't see why installing other software would affect Compressor settings but it should be possible to reset your custom settings to include audio if it has.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Sep 2, 2010 at 2:43:32 pm

This is what the preset looks like:

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Sep 2, 2010 at 9:47:22 pm

I made an identical perset from "scratch" and changed the audio muxing from a TS to a program stream, the ausio *still8 did not come across inthe encode. Now moving onward, skipping the mpeg 2 and goign with h.264 encodes from the FCP timeline using Quicktime Conversion. Seems to work doing ti this way but may be slower than using Compressor.

Wanted to try re-installing Compressor, but the Apple system disks said all or nothing for re-installs. Maybe I should try to re-install QT pro?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]