FORUMS: list search recent posts

CANON 5D & APPLE PRO RES Minimum Quicktime Requirements

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aaron Bilgrad
CANON 5D & APPLE PRO RES Minimum Quicktime Requirements
on Sep 1, 2010 at 10:03:30 pm

I just shot a music video on the Canon 5D. I converted the RAW H.264 files to Apple Pro Res in MPEG Streamclip and was able to easily edit them in FCP 6. However, I just had to switch computers and edit with FCP 7. This new computer is playing my Converted Apple Pro Res files choppy. I'm wondering if this is because this computer is using Quicktime 7.6.4. Do I need to upgrade? Will this fix everything.

Again, my timeline is editing with Converted Apple Pro Res files. They are playing choppy in my FCP timeline on this computer. Very choppy. Wondering if this is a quicktime issue. I will update, but want to make sure that's the reason because more recent versions of Quicktime have been bad for my computer.

Thanks, everyone.

Aaron

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: CANON 5D & APPLE PRO RES Minimum Quicktime Requirements
on Sep 1, 2010 at 11:56:52 pm

Before you presume a quicktime problem, the poor playback may be due to drive speed. What sort of hard drive and connection are you using for the media? When you say ProRes, is it ProRes422 or HQ? HQ has a higher data rate and is not necessary for 5D footage.

Also is the FCP7 up to date? There were some drop frame issues when FCS3 first came out so make sure the software is up to date plus any drivers for Kona/Matrox/ Decklink cards.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]