FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compressor Error -1

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ron Cole
Compressor Error -1
on Sep 1, 2010 at 4:17:11 pm

I have encoded seven sequences with the Blu-ray Encoding H264 however I have one that continues to fail. Compressor gives me an Error -1 what ever that means.

I have tried sending it directly from FCP and exporting a reference movie but have the same result.

I have also closed all of the applications and restarted the system - still the same result.

Does anyone know what this error means and how to make the sequence encode correctly?

Thanks, Ron

Return to posts index

Ron Cole
Re: Compressor Error -1
on Sep 1, 2010 at 5:34:05 pm

What I did to finally fix it was to change the settings completely on export. The original file was Pro Res Proxy at 1920 x 1080 30fps. I tried to compress it as a reference file then a self contained file with the current settings and then re-compress all frames, self contained with current settings - the Compressor failed everything with the Error -1.

Then I changed the settings to Pro Res HQ 1920 x 1080 30P 29.97fps, re-compress all frames, make a self contained movie. Now with these parameters Compressor is working perfectly.

Seems like there could be a bug in the Pro Res frame rate within Compressor... anyway its working.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]