FORUMS: list search recent posts

Weird title render issue

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anne Martin
Weird title render issue
on Sep 1, 2010 at 3:38:01 pm

Hi,
I'm having a weird issue in FCP 7. I'm throwing on some subtitles, and sometimes they have to render and sometimes they don't. It's video from the same interview clip and the titles are nothing fancy, just text without drop shadow or anything.

It's so strange – in one section of the timeline it will play back without render and in others it has to render. I tried copying the same clip with the same title to a later position in the timeline. Sure enough, in the later position it needed a render where as in the earlier position it didn't. Other than the position in the timeline, I can't see any difference.

It's first of all really annoying to have to render all the time, and secondly I'm a little concerned it's indicating some underlying issue with the footage or the sequence settings. Does anyone have any ideas?

We're editing on two machines and one had the wrong sequence settings a couple days ago, but we corrected that. Could that still be effecting this?

We're editing in Apple ProRes HQ 1920x1080 23.98fps. (The incorrect settings had been 1440x1080.)

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Chris Borjis
Re: Weird title render issue
on Sep 1, 2010 at 4:17:09 pm

I've seen that happen as well. and sometimes with footage just placed in the timeline that matches the sequence and is from the same source clip as others in the sequence and no effects are applied.

no idea what it might be other than a small bug in fcp 7.0

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]