FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sequence Woes - 25p to 30p

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Jacana
Sequence Woes - 25p to 30p
on Sep 1, 2010 at 4:21:57 am

I just setup a new machine with FCP 6 and mistakenly threw all my ProRes 422 footage; 7d 1080p 30 and HMC40 720p 30 onto a funky timeline (25fps, HDV, 1080i - god knows how that got selected!!!) and now I'm trying to get it onto a new sequence, the correct one that I should of used in the first place - 720p 30 / ProRes 422 (standard quality).

I've tooled around with media manager but it complains about the timebase, 25 fps and I've change the sequence by going into the settings > clicked the load sequence preset and then choose ProRess 433 720p 30 BUT it also complains about the time base, 25 fps.

Any suggestions? Come on FCP, I have the original footage correctly encoded with all the in and out points, why can't I do some type of export the import and get it on a 30p timeline!! XML ????

Jacana Productions

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Sequence Woes - 25p to 30p
on Sep 1, 2010 at 4:27:32 am

[Richard Jacana] "Come on FCP, I have the original footage correctly encoded with all the in and out points, why can't I do some type of export the import and get it on a 30p timeline!!"

Firstly, FCP cannot know why you put 30fps footage into a 25 fps sequence, so how is it supposed to fix your mistake effortlessly?

If you setup the new sequence properly and then copy> paste the wrong timeline to the new sequence, you will have to fiddle with the cut to get things back to normal. You will probably find a few small black gaps between shots that can be closed up.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]