FORUMS: list search recent posts

out of sync nested sequence (tif animation)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tali Clarke
out of sync nested sequence (tif animation)
on Aug 31, 2010 at 8:05:01 pm

Hello!

I'm having a problem with a nested sequence and couldn't fid any solutions online.
I have a sequence of TIFs that I made an animation with, it is going into a larger sequence of Apple ProRes video footage.
I'm running FCP 6 on a MacBook Pro with 4GB of RAM.

I made the animation sequence in a timeline with the following specs:

720 x 576 CCIR 601/DVPAL (5:4)
pixel aspect: PAL CCIR 601
field dominance: Upper Odd
Compressor: Uncompressed 10-bit

(because it created the least pixelated images - after re-sizing them all in Photoshop)

I have nested the sequence (which has one lone music track accompanying it), so that I can re-size them all using the wire frame in my original sequence.

The Sequence they are going to is:

1920 x 1080 HDTV 1080i (16:9)
pixel aspect: Square
field dominence: Upper Odd
Compressor: Apple ProRes 422

They BOTH have a Audio Sequence settings of 48khz, 16-bit, Channel Grouped.

When I copy and paste the nested sequence into my documentary sequence it gradually goes out of sync with the music. They both start where they are meant to but it all seems to go out pretty soon. I also tried just bringing in the visuals, then copy and pasting the un-nested sound, but it still happens. I can't notice any extra footage, which is confusing as both pieces are still the same length.

Is it the different sequence settings that's causing the problem? If so is there anyway to rectify the situation without starting again? I tried changing the sequence settings of the animation to the be the same as the rest of the film, but would like to avoid this as it seemed to mess with the picture quite a lot.

Any help much appreciated!!! And sorry for the essay :)

Thanks so much,
Tali

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]