FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adding Burnt-in TC to FCP sequennce

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jafar Abdal-Hamid
Adding Burnt-in TC to FCP sequennce
on Aug 31, 2010 at 4:07:34 pm

Hello,
I am trying to add burnt-in Timecode on the Quicktime movie that I will export from an FCP sequence.

The issue I am facing: I need to make the burnt-in Timecode start at 02:00:00:00, as this is reel two. However, despite the Squetnce>Settings>Time Options route working fine and the Timecode on the sequence itself starts at 02:00:00:00, when I add the Timecode Reader Filter to the sequence, which has a single clip (not cuts), the burnt-in code on the screen seems to have 5 minutes extra added - it starts at 02:00:00:00, but somehow by the end of the sequence we are five minutes out.

I tried exporting the sequnce into a Quicktime movie, without a TC, then import the movie into a Sequence and then add the Timecode Reader filter. Still same issue.

The timecode reader seems to be OK, if I don't Squetnce>Settings>Time Options and chance to 01:00:00:00 to 02:00:00:00: but I need the sequence to have 02:00:00:00 as starting point.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Many thaks,
Jafar

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
Re: Adding Burnt-in TC to FCP sequennce
on Aug 31, 2010 at 5:36:11 pm

Here's a tutorial that was just created by Shane Ross.

http://library.creativecow.net/ross_shane/visible-timecode/1

As for your TC going out of sync with the clips, sounds like a frame rate or Drop Frame / Non Drop Frame TC issue in the Sequence.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author, Chef.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

"Foul Water, Fiery Serpent" featuring Sigourney Weaver coming soon.

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index

Jafar Abdal-Hamid
Re: Adding Burnt-in TC to FCP sequennce
on Sep 1, 2010 at 4:42:41 am

Hello Walter,

Thank you for your reply and for the link to Shane's video.

I think I didn't explain completely what the issue was. Adding the Timecode reader, or generator, are not the issue here. It is the timecode's actual value.

I think the frame rate/drop rate etc is probably at issue here.

As to the Reel number not showing on the timecode, the solution I arrived at is to change the Timecode properties :Modify>Timecode.

All is well that ends well :-)

Thank you,
Ja'far

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]