FORUMS: list search recent posts

ae to final cut pro wipe matte

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Heather Crank
ae to final cut pro wipe matte
on Aug 28, 2010 at 5:18:08 am

Hello everyone,

I'm being asked to render out an ae file with 3 files for each animation: Clip, Alpha and Matte...this is for fcp 7. I know how to export an alpha only files...but how do I export for a Clip and Matte???

As I understand it (kind of)

ONE RENDER: CLIP-WHICH I THINK IS THE ANIMATION WITHOUT AN ALPHA

ONE RENDER: ALPHA-I THINK THIS IS AN ALPHA CHANNEL ONLY, I THINK STRAIGHT

ONE RENDER: MATTE-I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO DO THIS. I THINK THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE THE INVERTED ALPHA.

Please let me know if you know how to do this.

Heather

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: ae to final cut pro wipe matte
on Aug 28, 2010 at 4:29:41 pm

Well, it can get complicated but you're 2/3rds the way there. A matte and an alpha are essentially the same thing. Both are a matte channel.

You say it's for a wipe effect. So, perhaps you have an object that flies across the screen revealing a different bgrnd? You'd need two alpha mattes.

One matte to define the transparency of the object. And another matte defining the transparency of the background. The wipe of the background that occurs UNDER the object. Sometimes that can be a simple linear wipe and no matte is neccessary, but if it's a complex reveal, like through the hole in an object, then you'd create that matted for them. Perhaps drawing and keyframing it by hand with a mask in AE.

Return to posts index

Heather Crank
Re: ae to final cut pro wipe matte
on Sep 29, 2010 at 5:09:03 pm

Thanks Bret!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]