FORUMS: list search recent posts

looking for a film scratch loop

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
michael kipp
looking for a film scratch loop
on Aug 26, 2010 at 2:04:10 pm

ok so im working on this little project and im a bit stuck. im looking for i guess it would be considered film scratch. ya know the shakey lines and mixed text that you see before an old film countdown. i have final cut express and after effects cs3 i only need that effect for about 5 seconds so i would prefer just a free scratch film download but if its something more beneficial for me to make myself im more then willing to do that also. i have an ald film filter but what im really looking for is the random text and the flashes. if anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: looking for a film scratch loop
on Aug 26, 2010 at 2:42:30 pm

How 'bout the one you find in Quicktime Pro? Check it out under Effects.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

michael kipp
on Aug 26, 2010 at 4:14:35 pm

thanks for the idea. i just tryed downloading quicktime pro with no luck its saying i already have a version of quicktime but when i go into it, it wont let me goto preferences to upgrade to pro. any more ideas on where i could find it i downloaded gettube to try downloading a film countdown so i could use the first few frames and loop em to the length i need on youtube but no luck either im looking for quicktime pro effects plug in right now hopefully i can get this figures out cut my opening title really needs something else to make it really work thanx anyways

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Aug 26, 2010 at 4:26:03 pm

If you're running FCP, you should already have QT Pro.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

michael kipp
on Aug 26, 2010 at 5:24:12 pm

actually i have final cut express and i have quicktime 7

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Aug 26, 2010 at 6:31:29 pm

Take a look at CGM's Aged Film plug-in. It is free and works with Final Cut Pro and Express. So you will be good to go. Download the plug-in here: http://www.cgm-online.com/cgi-bin/dve_downloadcount.pl
You want the "CGM Aged Film LE" one. Also feel free to take a look at this Creating an Old Film look tutorial in FCP. Hope this helps and best of luck.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]