FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compressor Hanging Up from Final Cut Pro

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Taylor
Compressor Hanging Up from Final Cut Pro
on Aug 25, 2010 at 4:28:22 pm

I'm having a problem that just started yesterday where a short project I'm editing in FCP gets hung up when the project is being exported as a ProRes 422 HQ file in Compressor. What I mean by "hung up" is that it seems to be exporting fine and then close to its processing end, the countdown clock will slow to a crawl only to, very slowly, start climbing back up at about 1:14 left in it's duration. I'm now agani at about 1:24 and climbing.

This is a project I've been working on for several weeks and have exported numerous time with no problems until now. I've tried and re-tried several times now with the same results.

Can anybody suggest what might be going on and what I can do to remedy this problem?

Thank You.

Return to posts index

Curt Schulz
Re: Compressor Hanging Up from Final Cut Pro
on Aug 25, 2010 at 5:24:44 pm

Are you using the send to > compressor option? I have run in to similar problems using this method. I recommend exporting (make self-contained) a master and then importing that into compressor---see if that works... Also download and run "Compressor Repair" software first and repair disk permissions and restart computer if you have force quit compressor.

Curt Schulz
MBP 2.53 4GB Ram/Mac OS 10.6.4/FCP7.02/Matrox Mini w Max 2.0.0.0150

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]