FORUMS: list search recent posts

Decklink HD Pro + Snow Leopard + FCP = Crash

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Herb Sevush
Decklink HD Pro + Snow Leopard + FCP = Crash
on Aug 25, 2010 at 3:04:19 pm

Excuse me for cross-posting but I'm not sure where the answer lies. I've posted this in the Blackmagic forum as well.

I have an Intel Mac Pro (Ver. 1.2) with a Decklink HD Pro which I have been successfully using with various versions of Tiger and Final Cut Studio for years. I recently upgraded to Snow Leopard and FCS3.

Whenever I try to use any of the built in character generators or color matte generators in Final Cut the program immediately crashes with an error message that states "Final Cut Pro quit unexpectedly while using the Blackmagic codec plugin."

This happens when using any Blackmagic preset. It does not happen when using a firewire based preset - like DVCPROHD 60.

I have the latest Blackmagic driver 7.7.3 and Snow Leopard 10.6.4 with the latest Graphic Driver. The Decklink card is installed in Slot 4 in the Mac.

Any suggestions?

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions

Return to posts index

Mark Petereit
Re: Decklink HD Pro + Snow Leopard + FCP = Crash
on Aug 25, 2010 at 3:35:17 pm

Have you posted a query directly to BlackMagic support?

Return to posts index

Herb Sevush
Re: Decklink HD Pro + Snow Leopard + FCP = Crash
on Aug 25, 2010 at 3:42:13 pm

Mark -

I have e-mailed BM support, but I'm not sure where the problem lies, and I'm hoping that with the larger Final Cut Pro forum here someone might have worked thru this problem.

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]