FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video/Superimpose Glitch

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Tarroza
Video/Superimpose Glitch
on Aug 24, 2010 at 5:46:06 pm

Hi everyone,

I am running into a very strange glitch in FCP. I created some graphics in After Effects with alpha to superimpose in FCP. I rendered them out in a PNG codec.

So I bring them in to FCP and superimpose it over the video. Then lo and behold, the video goes out of sync, as in, it shows a different part of the clip than what I have selected with my ins and outs.

It has to have something to do with the graphic from AE because when I place the graphic over half of the video, the half that isn't covered plays fine, but once the timeline indicator hits the layer of the graphic, the video underneath it just cuts to a different part of the clip...and I didn't cut the clip at all!

Any way around this, fixes, people who have run into the same problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Edit* I just tested the same graphic over a different clip and it played just fine. Something glitchy about that particular clip. Any clue as to what?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Video/Superimpose Glitch
on Aug 24, 2010 at 9:45:57 pm

What is the codec of your video clips?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Chris Tarroza
on Aug 24, 2010 at 9:51:56 pm

All the video clips are DV/DVCPRO - NTSC.

Thanks Dave!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Aug 25, 2010 at 3:12:51 pm

If you haven't done so already, do the following in the order below. If The first doesn't help, go to the next one:
  • Shut down & restart FCP.
  • Restart your computer.
  • Shut down your computer and power it up again.
  • Duplicate your edit timeline, change the timeline's codec to ProRes 422, delete the existing PNG-codec clips and add them back.
  • Trash your preferences.

If nothing works, I'm out of answers.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Chris Tarroza
on Aug 25, 2010 at 4:10:04 pm

Thanks Dave.

I tired each one of your suggestions to no avail. I even took that video clip from the Scratch folder and exported it out as a ProRes 422 file but that file still acted wonky. I'm going to try recapturing the clip again and hopefully that fixes it. It only happens with that particular clip, so maybe something happened on the capture. Thanks for your help though, much appreciated.

Chris

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]