FORUMS: list search recent posts

Record in XDCAM EX 1080i60 VBR to finish DigiBeta

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ricky Dominguez
Record in XDCAM EX 1080i60 VBR to finish DigiBeta
on Aug 24, 2010 at 1:31:19 pm

I would like some recommendation for best workflow to edit project that are recorded with XDCAM EX 1080i60 VBR but will end in DigiBeta (720x486). Should I edit in HD 1080 or SD 720x486, should I convert my HD files to 720 x 486, color correction/titles/etc. should be do in HD project or SD.

Thanks for the help,
Ricky Dominguez
Luna Films
Puerto Rico

Return to posts index

Mark Raudonis
Re: Record in XDCAM EX 1080i60 VBR to finish DigiBeta
on Aug 24, 2010 at 2:14:37 pm

Stay in HD until output. Use a Kona 3 card to "downconvert" on output to SD digibeta. That way, you
have a full rez HD sequence and master file, in the event you ever need an HD version. If you down convert before output, you lose that option.

mark

Return to posts index

Ricky Dominguez
on Aug 24, 2010 at 2:50:57 pm

Thanks Mark for the response, I have AJA Kona LHi so I can do the downconvert to DigiBeta, question my client want SD 4x3 full not 16x9 so I have to realign my graphic (text/logo/etc.) so they don't go out of my title/tv safety, I am new to HD and FCP but it would it be better to edit all in HD and when I need to add graphic/logos/Motion graphics/etc. to do it in a SD 720 x 486 project. Again I am new so I listen to all recommendation.

Return to posts index

Mark Raudonis
on Aug 24, 2010 at 3:29:01 pm

Ah. You didn't mention that!

Shoot 16 x 9 "protect" for 4 x 3. Do a "center cut" down conversion. Aspect ratio conversion can be a world of hurt... especially for GRFX.

You've got a learning curve ahead of you. Start experimenting NOW! Close your browser, get off the internet and start experimenting with doing the conversion and what it does to your GRFX.

There is NO EASY WAY to do this. Aspect ratio conversions are always a compromise somewhere.

Good luck.

Mark

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]