FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP Log and Transfer question

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aaron Word
FCP Log and Transfer question
on Aug 23, 2010 at 6:06:52 pm

I was wondering if it is possible to move the log and transfer information, specifically reel and clip names, to another project?

I have logged the media in one project and wish to keep the log info in another project.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: FCP Log and Transfer question
on Aug 23, 2010 at 7:09:20 pm

That information is included in the clip AND the media file. If you renamed the clip when you imported, the actual quicktime clip will have that information. And the Quicktime clip also contains the reel number and timecode. So just importing the QT clip will get you that.

Or you can just create a new project, and drag the clips from one project to another. This is a better method if you have OTHER information logged, like COMMENTS and stuff. That isn't in the QT file.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Aaron Word
on Aug 24, 2010 at 3:24:29 pm

Thanks for the reply. I think it is more of an issue of organization between myself and another editor. We have a log and transfer project that we have logged all of our interviews under (over 40 hour long interviews). Now we are making an orientation DVD, which he started in the project in the log and transfer project. Kind of confusing with all the clips floating around in this project that should be more organized....but I digress. Thanks again guys!

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Aug 23, 2010 at 7:18:18 pm

Why not save it to another project name. As long as the media is in the same place, that should work. If you need an independent copy of the project Media Manage it.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.2, Motion 4.0.2, Comp 3.5.2, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.2)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]