FORUMS: list search recent posts

Everything I edit in HD gittery

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patrick Morrow
Everything I edit in HD gittery
on Aug 22, 2010 at 1:39:00 pm

What am I doing wrong that all HD edited video is gittery when I burn to a DVD?

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: Everything I edit in HD gittery
on Aug 22, 2010 at 2:11:58 pm

Please be more specific about your problem. Does this only happen in areas of action? Can you post an image or short movie that demonstrates what you see? Describe your workflow. How'd you capture or transfer the media. What acquisition codec was used? What edit codec? How'd you export your video for encoding? How'd you encode and how did you author the DVD? What version OS & FCP and the basics of your edit system. For folks to help you out, you need to provide complete information.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.2, Motion 4.0.2, Comp 3.5.2, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.2)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Aug 22, 2010 at 4:26:37 pm

Hard to say precisely without a lot more info on your workflow but it sounds like a field dominance issue.
HD is upper field first, and SD (in NTSC anyway) is almost always lower field first. The downcoversion and MPEG encode must be handled correctly or you will see jittery motion and terrible aliasing.

Need more info to diagnose and fix your problem

Return to posts index

Patrick Morrow
on Aug 22, 2010 at 5:18:30 pm

Hello,
I shot in 1080i 60frames and imported into the latest version of fcp as HDV footage. I then sent out a copy to another timeline as sd footage DV DVC pro settings. Now I sent to compressor using 2 hour SD preset and burn. Wolah all areas with slo motion stutter bad. Please advise! Thanks

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
on Aug 22, 2010 at 5:21:28 pm

You r compressing twice Why?

Capture and edit in HD (prores if u can) Not HDV.

Export "Current Setting" making a ref file.
Drop that into compressor and make DVD - adjust data rate to maximize quality.

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta

Return to posts index

Patrick Morrow
on Aug 22, 2010 at 6:40:50 pm

Thanks Chris. Was just in Atlanta, love georgia but you guys drive like crazy people.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]