FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting from Final Cut Pro for DVD?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roger Wiedabach
Exporting from Final Cut Pro for DVD?
on Aug 19, 2010 at 1:10:03 pm

I have recently taken a position at a production house with all pro gear and have had to learn FCP on the fly to complete client projects... I am, by no means an expert, but I am loving learning everything about HD and all the possibilities it holds!

I have researched exporting my movies from FCP, through compressor (best quality for length), into DVD studio pro and had success burning DVD's for clients, but I could definitely use some advice.

I don't want to be vague, but if anyone would like to respond with some words of wisdom for everyone struggling with exporting from FCP (for DVD, internet, broadcast, ...) it would be greatly appreciated!

Please feel free to comment with anything you feel might be a misunderstood or problematic topic in exporting or compressing for DVD. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Exporting from Final Cut Pro for DVD?
on Aug 19, 2010 at 2:41:17 pm

My recommendation is that if you want really Pro DVDs, look for something other than Compressor. You have some third part applications better fitted for the job: BitVice, CinemaCraft, Episode..
I may same the same for web videos.
Out of that, all is about trying, testing and post if you find any problem.
Cheers,
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Kris Merkel
Re: Exporting from Final Cut Pro for DVD?
on Aug 19, 2010 at 3:03:47 pm

This forum is ripe with years of knowledge on all aspects of the FCP to DVD workflow. Use the search function first, in the top right, when you have specific questions.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]