FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem with Canon 5D mark ii footage at 24 frames in FCP 7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tatyana Mircheva
Problem with Canon 5D mark ii footage at 24 frames in FCP 7
on Aug 18, 2010 at 7:59:21 am

Hello,

I recently bought the Canon 5D mark ii camera. The other day I shot a gig which I wanted to edit. The slight (big ) problem is that every time I try to put any king of dissolve between two clips, the timeline would not play back without dropped frames even after rendering. Please help!!! What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Tatyana

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Problem with Canon 5D mark ii footage at 24 frames in FCP 7
on Aug 18, 2010 at 1:28:16 pm

You need to load the files via Log & Transfer. Please search this forum as we answer this query almost daily. Just put in 5D in the search box

Return to posts index

Tatyana Mircheva
on Aug 18, 2010 at 1:40:25 pm

Thank you for your response,

I read a lot of forums today but still can not fix the isssue
The problem with log and transfer is that I no longer have the footage on the card but only the .mov files transferred to my mac.(it seems that this plug in requires all original data from the CF card). I tried to turn the files into ProRes 422 for progressive material with compressor, imported them in FCP 7 and the dissolve still didn't work. The dissolves works ok at the beginning and end of a whole clip but not in between two clips. I am sure that the answer is simple and I do apologise if I sound like a beginner.

Thanks again.
Tatyana

Tatyana Mircheva

Return to posts index

Robert Due
on Aug 18, 2010 at 2:40:05 pm

Try searching for "Magic Bullet Grinder" it will ignore the file structure that FCP needs when using the EOS plugin during Log and Transfer.

hope that helps.

Robert Due
Editor / Colorist
INDEPENDENT EDIT

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]