FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Pro straight to HD tape?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roger Wiedabach
Final Cut Pro straight to HD tape?
on Aug 18, 2010 at 7:41:38 am

I have recently taken a position at a production house with all pro gear and have had to learn FCP on the fly to complete client projects... I am, by no means an expert, but I am loving learning everything about HD and all the possibilities it holds!

I have researched exporting my movies from FCP, through compressor (best quality for length), into DVD studio pro and had success burning DVD's for clients, but I could definitely use some advice.

I don't want to be vague, but if anyone would like to respond with some words of wisdom for everyone struggling with exporting from FCP (for DVD, internet, broadcast, ...) it would be greatly appreciated!

Please feel free to comment with anything you feel might be a misunderstood or problematic topic in exporting or compressing for DVD. Thanks!

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: Final Cut Pro straight to HD tape?
on Aug 18, 2010 at 2:24:27 pm

Try searching FCP forums and, especially, the DVDSP and Compression Techniques forums and you'll find a lot of helpful information. I often just browse through the thread lists and drop into discussions of topics that interest me. You'll find answers to questions you'd never think of asking.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.2, Motion 4.0.2, Comp 3.5.2, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.2)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Zane Barker
Re: Final Cut Pro to DVD?
on Aug 18, 2010 at 5:07:09 pm

Also in the future try to make your subject line match your actual question. Your subject says HD tape but your question is about making DVDs.

With a proper subject line that matches your actual question you will be able to get much more help on a online forum.

**Hindsight is always 1080p**

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]