FORUMS: list search recent posts

Smoothcam Auto applies to all clips

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Lester
Smoothcam Auto applies to all clips
on Aug 17, 2010 at 7:27:28 am

I had a shaky shot to I experimented with Smoothcam. I didn't like the effect so I deleted the filter.

Now it doesn't matter what I do or what clip I use, but any new clip to my timeline is auto Smoothcam, BUT it doesn't have Smoothcam in the Viewer: Filter.

If I play the clip from Finder, it plays just fine in QT. If I play it directly from the Browser in Viewer, it's just fine. But when it hits the timeline, it's filtered without the ability to remove a filter. It doesn't matter if I drag it from the Browser to the Viewer first of the timeline first. It doesn't matter if I drag it from the viewer to the timeline or if I use shortcuts to move the clip around.

The rest of my editing has been fine, but I can't move forward if everything from here on out has Smoothcam! I'm sure there is a super super simple reason (like a simple box to check/uncheck), but this problem is driving me up a wall.

Thanks in advance :)

Final Cut 7.0.2

- Matt

Return to posts index

Matt Lester
Re: Smoothcam Auto applies to all clips
on Aug 17, 2010 at 7:49:13 am

I believe it has something to do with the folder.

~ The sequence I'm using doesn't matter.
~ I doesn't matter if I relocate the files to a new folder, it is affecting everything in Problem Folder
~ New files put into Problem Folder and unaffected.
~ Deleting and re-importing doesn't help.

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: Smoothcam Auto applies to all clips
on Aug 17, 2010 at 1:57:02 pm

This isn't normal behavior for sure, and there is no setting that would affect this.

Must be some corruption in that project file. Try creating a new project file and drag the working sequence to it. Then import all of the clips again. Maybe this will get rid of whatever's going on there.

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: http://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

DVD:http://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX Cinema Displays

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]