FORUMS: list search recent posts

New harddrive in macbook but wich ??

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jakob Mortensen
New harddrive in macbook but wich ??
on Aug 16, 2010 at 8:18:02 pm

Hi

I am about to invest in a Panasonic G2 in the state, BUT i live in europe where PAL system is normal. Now I cant really figure out if that is a potential problem with working in FCP. Sorry but the question is propably a bit noob, but I hope someone can help.

If i check the US model specs i get the following specs:

Motion Image (AVCHD Lite) NTSC: [HD] 1280 x 720, 60p (sensor output is 30fps)(SH: 17Mbps, H: 13Mbps, L: 9Mbps

In the european model I get the following specs:
Motion Image (AVCHD Lite: NTSC) [HD] 1280 x 720, 60p (sensor output is 30fps)(SH: 17Mbps, H: 13Mbps, L: 9Mbps)
Motion Image (AVCHD Lite: PAL) [HD] 1280 x 720, 50p (sensor output is 25fps)(SH: 17Mbps, H: 13Mbps, L: 9Mbps)

Would you think that could create problems for a european ?? getting the NTSC model ?

Best wishes

Jakob

Return to posts index

Phil Balsdon
Re: New harddrive in macbook but wich ??
on Aug 16, 2010 at 9:22:29 pm

With the US model you don't get any compatibility with European PAL.

You can get it work with various frame rate / format conversions, that lose some of its original quality and take lots of time in post, but it'll be an absolute pain.

If you're producing for the European market buy a PAL format camera, (that by the specs you show will also shoot native NTSC).

Cinematographer, Steadicam Operator, Final Cut Pro Post Production.
http://www.steadi-onfilms.com.au/

Return to posts index

Jakob Mortensen
US og Europe version of G2
on Aug 16, 2010 at 10:42:32 pm

Hi

Thanks a bunch for that reply. I can see that the headline is incorrect, a bit of a cache problem :0).

Best wishes

Jakob

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]