FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't Make reference movie

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
brian paterson
Can't Make reference movie
on Aug 15, 2010 at 7:23:14 pm

I recently bought a Sony EX1-R and a few weeks ago shot a wedding which I edited as a 1hr film in FCP. (There was also some XHA1 footage in there as well)
I made a reference file from the rendered timeline which was 731 mgbs and dropped it into iDVD - Simple. - Job done.
Last week I shot another Wedding. This edit is 1 hour 40 minutes long and I need to get a DVD made ASAP. However It seems I can no longer make a reference movie. Whether the self contained box is ticked or not, when I export as a Quicktime movie it always says it will take about twelve hours to output the file. The only difference I have made recently is to upgrade my operating system from Tiger to Leopard 10.5.8 (not Snow Leopard) Could this have had an effect? In the meantime I have been reading up about all the other suggested ways of Exporting to make a DVD but they are very long winded and time consuming.
I read a Ken Stone article which said better quality could be obtained by exporting using quicktime conversion and prores 422 but when I tried this and the estimated time rose to 34 hours I cancelled it.
So the question is, is there any good reason I cannot make a reference movie from EX1 footage in FCP 7 on an Intel Mac Using OS 10.5.8 and is there a tried and tested best method for making a "best quality" DVD relatively swiftly. I have spent days reading articles which always seem to be about some exotic problems and complicated scenarios. I can't find a simple definitive answer to what I would consider a very simple question.
Can anyone help
Many Thanks
BRIAN PATERSON

brian paterson

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Can't Make reference movie
on Aug 15, 2010 at 11:44:14 pm

http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/8/1095503

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved