FORUMS: list search recent posts

mixed footage formats and aspect ratios have me horribly confused

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Victoria lash
mixed footage formats and aspect ratios have me horribly confused
on Aug 14, 2010 at 2:15:41 am

I have just shot a short film using a 100DVXab at 24p with an 16:9 anamorphic lens. I require some stock footage for a small portion of the film. The stock footage is available in HD 1920x1080 & NTSC 720x480. Can I use the HD clip? Without converting the 24p to HD. I confess I'm afraid to try converting because I have no clue what I'm doing. I know that I'm not going to get HD quality on the 24p footage, but will it be stretched or squished? I'm was hoping to output this as widescreen (or did I already blow that not shooting it squeezed or letterbox? I was told the 16:9 lens was better for this camera than squeezing....?) I've read through a lot of the forums (which have reinforced my fear of being an FCP idiot) but I'm not sure how to apply the information to this problem. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

baffled without a budget and a lot to learn about FCP 6.0.6

Victoria Lash
film student

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: mixed footage formats and aspect ratios have me horribly confused
on Aug 14, 2010 at 3:43:11 am

[Victoria lash] "Can I use the HD clip? Without converting the 24p to HD"

Yes. I'd get that opposed to the SD clip (if they are the same price), as that HD footage will be 16:9, and the SD footage will be 4:3. Just downconvert the HD footage to match your current settings using Compressor, or even the Media manager.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]